Monday, March 10, 2008

You know your team sucks......

(Confessions of an owner stuck in limbo)

Recently, in the chat forum, an owner declared that players were available. Looking over the list he provided, and taking a look at his roster, I proposed a trade (or at least some players I felt I could part with). He answered back rather quickly, and of course for about the 30th time this season I heard it again. The franchise is a little bare. The franchis is a little bare..... i.e. your team sucks..... nobody on your team merits looking..... where did you find those guys...... That one response pretty much sums up the season. I can't make any impact trades because I don't have "impact players". Realization struck, and it seems that as the owner of the team I have to say that the draft and escalating salary games with Free Agents will be my only answer. Am I leaving?.... No..... Am I finally realizing that I'm the Kansas City Royals or the Pittsburgh Pirates of the RNL world?.... yes.....

The truth hurts.... but hey.... now the real job of being a GM starts.......

No comments:

 

Baseball Uniforms is a Free Blogger Template